Director: Heidenreich Elisabeth
i/ An in depth exploration and analysis of social and environmental problems in the context of urban and semi-urban areas.
ii/ Social, environmental and aesthetic intervention at micro / macro level, namely neighbourhoods, districts, communities and regions.
iii/ Social cohesion at local urban level.
iv/ Creation of new theoretical models and analytical methods in relation to modern urban phenomena.
v/ Modern cities and their technological dimension (infrastructure, communication, transport networks, civil protection).
3 teaching modules and the Thesis semester (July – September)
Tuition fees: 3,000 Euros
Possibility of scholarship: YES
Lab courses: YES
Distance learning: NO
Course begins: Spring semester 2009/20010 (March 2010)
Successful candidates must have a good first degree in a subject related to:
• Social sciences, economics, political science, urban planning, architecture, archeology, geography, environmental studies, earth sciences, medicine, psychology, nursing and social workers, fine arts, law and administration etc,
• Fluent usage of Greek and English is required for applicants, in order to understand and use the literature and attend lectures from visiting professors.
The applicants’ selection is based on:
• The applicant’s degrees
• Undergraduate courses grades related to the intended specialization
• Previous research experience
• Recommendation letter
• Oral interview
• Scientific training and development of analytical and research skills in relation to socio-environmental phenomena.
• Interdisciplinary research methodology with reference to sociological, psychological, ecological and aesthetic methods.
• Development of social awareness on social cohesion issues, environmental education, social capital mobilization, through the application of interventional and clinical methods.
• Training administration, local government and company executives in urban environmental management issues.
• Consulting on local social and environmental risk management.
- Sociology of Urban Space and Environment
- Perception, Aesthetics and Configuration of Space and Environment
- Clinical Sociology – Mitigation and Risk management
- Quality of life and Evaluation
- Urban and Artistic interventions in Urban spaces
- Civil Protection and Socio-political Capital – Vulnerable social groups
- Clinical Sociology and Mental Health
- Urban Sustainable Development Projects – A comparative approach